Saturday 7 May 2011

Hair Of Silver, Heart Of Gold

Introduction: Alzheimer's is a horrible, horrible illness. The following is devoted to the grandfather of a true friend.


Reminds me a bit of my favourite TV show Grey's Anatomy...
You'll see what I mean if you watch it, I HIGHLY recommend it. HIGHLY.


Enjoy! {Comments & followers welcome as always}


[The names have been changed to protect the identity of those mentioned]


HAIR OF SILVER, HEART OF GOLD


Dear Mr. Knight , I wish you well,
I'm sure you don't have that old people smell.
Though I'm a complete and utter stranger to you,
This little message is the least I can do.

You created a spring for your daughter to flow
And her daughter too has now spouted her own,
But awash in her tides are streaks of pain,
She needs an umbrella to trudge through the rain.

You are her umbrella, her family, her blood
Coursing through her veins, instilled with love.
She will rise from the river where she once sank,
For that, Albert, she has you to thank.

We've never met, Albert, I regret to say
And from what I hear it might be too late.
But from your descendants, the stars to your sun,
I can perceive that you are the one



Who would use their eyes to flash a smile
With an amiable aura all the while.
Like a softly-spoken Morgan Freeman,
I'm sure you're the grandfather of Amy's dreams and

I'm sorry, so sorry, that illness nested
In your head, and spread, a downright pestilence
For a good, honest family, already shook,
Before you leave, Albert, give Amy one final look

That says: Your flesh, by my love, I've always been sunning,
If I was racing for you I would never stop running,
You and your mother bring tears to my eyes
As you've made me so proud. I love you. Goodbye.

But Albert, I'm afraid you are mistaken -
In years, Callie & Amy will awaken,
Among cloisters of cloud, they'll see your face
And join you in a warm embrace.


Notes

- I used the surname Knight as Amy's favourite character in Grey's Anatomy is George O'Malley, portrayed by T.R. Knight.

I googled 'hug' and came across a gold mine of cute pics: ENJOY












Go on, laugh :D


This is the exact breed of dog I am getting - his name will be Paddy and I'm getting him as soon as I get my ass out of hospital :)

Anyway enough of the pics, I'm getting carried away, be sure to comment if you like and followers are welcome - the more the merrier.

Thanks for reading x





2 comments: