Thursday 14 April 2011

Lifeline

Introduction: Today in Art Therapy the theme was 'Lifeline' and for once (OMG) I stuck exactly to the theme! Lately I've been having some difficult thoughts/ideas lately so I'm trying to pour them into poetry rather than being wayward enough to act on them. So, to anyone I know out there, for all our sakes, I would never do the following. This poem actually brings a tear to my eyes, and that's saying something as I'm usually inured to the darkness of my poems. I'll write a more upbeat poem next for sure, as we all need some positivity in our lives. Anyway, comment away (OMG again, I rhyme accidentally, poetry runs in my blood hahaha). The following is a nightmare of mine... But it will never NEVER become reality.

LIFELINE



Sink, sink, into the drink, is what the devil makes me think

Bathed in hate, my heavy plate
too much for me to cope.
Turn off the taps, my neck relax,
into the depths I slope.

Her rope uncoils from shores unspoiled.
She throws it out to sea.
I glimpse it through the green and blue,
ignore her desperate pleas.

Sink, sink, into the drink, is what the devil makes me think

Giver of life, a loyal wife,
mother of greater good.
I flounder, flail, head full of hail,
I don't listen although I should.

I sigh, I breathe, with angel's ease,
my lungs swell up with water.
My rusted spokes, I writhe, I choke.
No more sons, no more daughters.

Sink, sink, into the drink, is what the devil makes me think

The woman rests, she now accepts.
One tear runs down her cheek.
She would howl, she would weep, plunge into the deep.
She grasped my hand, so white, so weak.

The sirens blare. Child, do not fear.
Just slip into a dream.
A nightmare comes, it grips my lungs.
I do not wish to be.

Sink, sink, into the drink, is what the devil made me think

Lifeline... Flatline...

No comments:

Post a Comment